Intruder Alarms and Monitored Security
Intruder alarms are now viewed as a mature technology forming the basis of Security in Business and domestic properties. Changes to Policies by the Police and British Standards have introduced more legislative measures for the control of false alarms and for Police response.
By matching the tough standards for Alarm installation, our clients receive a certified system that will entitle them to a discount from most Insurance firms. This can be dependant on the individual insurer and also the category of system that is installed.
Relevant British Standards for Intruder Alarms
- DD 50131-7: Alarm Systems – Intrusion systems
- BS EN 50136-1-1: 1998: Alarms Systems - Alarm Transmission
- PD 6662 2004: Scheme for the application of European Standards
- BS 7858: 2004 – Security Screening of Individuals employed in a security Environment.
- DD 243 2004: Installation & Configuration of Intruder Alarm Systems Designed to generate confirmed alarm procedures.
- ACPO & ACPOS: Scottish Police Association Policy to deal with the management of Intruder alarm systems. Aims to improve quality management and reduce false alarms notified to the Police.