Sigtel Disabled Refuge Alarm and Communication System
The Sigtel Disabled refuge system offers a simple communication system to refuge areas within buildings that meet the standards set out within BS 5839 Part 9. The system comprises a main panel that would be located within a lobby or marshalling area and outstations within the disabled refuge areas within the building. The main panel can handle up to 8 outstation but can be expanded to 16 using a repeater unit. This is the system pictured above as the compact disabled refuge system.
If you have a larger installation there is a more advanced system that can take up to 128 Outstations.. This comes with a desk control unit for communication with the remote outstations.
Usage Of the Disabled Refuge System
In the event of a fire, or other emergency, staff evacuate wheelchair-restricted customers to a designated place of safety (Refuge Area). Staff then activate the Refuge Area Remote Unit, which lights a Refuge Occupied indicator on the main Control Panel. The Fire Officer (or Building Manager) is able to communicate with the occupants of the refuge areas, either on an individual basis or by using the ‘all-call’ option.
Each activated disabled refuge system has an auto listening facility to monitor activity in the Refuge Area. As each disabled person is moved to safety, the system can be reset via a key operated switch on the Refuge Area Remote Unit.
- Ideal for all disabled refuge, fire telephone and stadium marshalling applications
- Compact 1-8 line (expandable to 16 lines)
- Wall-mounting controller saves valuable desk and floor space in crowded control rooms
- Powerful networking facility allows up to four master controllers (and slaves) to be interlinked allowing 64 line systems to be easily implemented
- Optional anti-tamper enclosures available for controllers located in areas accessible to the public
- ‘Disabled Refuge’ (Type B) stainless steel outstations offer true duplex hands-free speech
- ‘Fire Telephone’ (Type A) outstations are supplied in locking or non-locking red steel cabinets
- Outstations can be mixed and matched to suit the application - flush, surface & weatherproof versions are available
- Unique ‘auto-learn’ facility allows fast system set up
- All extensions can be named with user-defined text of up to 15 characters
- Fully monitored hardware and software
- System operates at 24 VDC. In the event of mainsfailure, operation can be maintained for 24 hours (standby) and 3 hours (in use) using 2 x 12V 7 Ahr batteries
- Optional FiTT line tester allows cable faults to be checked prior to equipment connection
- Can be easily interfaced to disabled persons toilet alarm systems, audio-frequency induction loop systems, strobes, beacons or CCTV activation relays
- Ideal for hotels, shopping malls, office blocks, transport terminals, banks, sports stadiums, entertainment complexes, etc
- Enhanced Fire Alarm cable to be linked from the main panel to each outstation directly.
- Up to 1km cable run between units as standard
- Power Supply cable must also be in Enhanced Fire Alarm cable.